Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things to do in Shanghai





When I was in 上海 one of the coolest things I did was hit a blossoming art district called M50 or Moganshan lu. I spent several hours alone checking out galleries and outdoor instillation pieces. In one gallery, this man turned to me and asked what thoughts I had about the painting- in Chinese. My putonghua has remained at an elementary level for, oh, just six or seven years, so I responded to him simply "it's like a dream to me". A couple minutes later I asked him if he knew the meaning behind the fantastical and nature-inspired works. He told me he was the artist and then proceeded to talk about each of his paintings in the gallery. It was awesome.


This author does a pretty good job of describing the area so I will leave it to her:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger